Position Job Title: Accountant
Location: Niagara Falls – (Onsite)
Reports To: Finance Supervisor
The University of Niagara Falls Canada (UNF), Ontario’s newest university set to open its doors in 2024, will be offering a host of distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs to prepare graduates to be leaders in a digital world. Our programs are designed to promote a digital mindset characterized by digital fluency – a combination of technical proficiency, literacy, ethics and communication – and by a growth mindset that is future-focused, collaborative, change-oriented and disposed toward continuous learning.
The University of Niagara Falls Canada is a subsidiary of GUS Canada and part of the Global University Systems (GUS) network. GUS is one of the largest education groups in the world; offering accredited bachelor's, master's, medical and law degree programs, vocational and professional qualifications, and language courses to approximately 100,000 students globally. GUS Canada has successfully introduced many innovative post-secondary institutions to communities across the country over the past decade, including University Canada West (Vancouver), the Canadian College of Technology and Business (Vancouver), the Toronto School of Management (Toronto), the Trebas Institute (Toronto and Montreal), and The Language Gallery (Vancouver and Toronto).
As an accountant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring financial transactions are recorded appropriately and that financial operations are running optimally. We need someone detail oriented and proficient in the full cycle of accounting. As a key member of the finance team, you will contribute to the university's mission by optimizing financial resources, implementing best practices, and maintaining fiscal responsibility.
The Accountant position is responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned:
- Record transactions in the full cycle accounting process including, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and billing
- Record month end journal entries and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reporting packages
- Provide support on the Student Information System and Accounting System.
- Respond to student requests regarding their account and process student payments
- Optimize and enforce internal controls and processes.
- Liaising with other departments when required.
- Assist in year-end working papers and audit.
- Special projects as requested
To be successful in the Accountant position, an individual must possess, and be committed to developing, maintaining, and demonstrating the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 1 – 3 years in accounting, budgeting, and financial management
- Strong understanding of financial principles, accounting practices, and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in financial software applications and advanced ability in Excel
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague or Sage Intacct is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment, considered an asset.
Interested applicants are requested to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in working with University of Niagara Falls Canada. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement
University of Niagara Falls, Canada (UNF) is strongly committed to equity, diversity, and inclusivity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of color, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. University of Niagara Falls, Canada recognizes that applicants may have had obligations outside of work that have negatively impacted their record of achievements (e.g., parental, elder care, and/or medical). You are not required to disclose these obligations in the hiring process. If you choose to do so, UNF will ensure that these obligations do not negatively impact the assessment of your qualifications for the position.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org