Position Job Title: Executive Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent (Onsite)
Reports To: Provost & Vice-President, Academic
The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to provide comprehensive and proactive administrative support, ensuring the smooth operations of the offices of the President and Vice-President Academic. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for effectively managing schedules and activities and supporting the facilitation of daily tasks, thereby contributing to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Executive team.
- Responsible for the day-to-day executive administrative support
- Provide a well-organized, efficient, and professional front-line image with internal and external clients
- Review incoming correspondences, prioritize, and flag to the executive where appropriate
- Responsible for calendar management and scheduling; coordinate and prioritize meetings in-person and across multiple time zones using a variety of online meeting platforms
- Compile background briefing materials for meetings, conferences, appointments, or interviews and take and distribute meeting minutes where applicable
- Compose and edit a variety of documents and e-mails, including highly confidential correspondence, memos, presentations, MOUs, contracts, and proposals
- Conducting high-level research to support the organization and overall business needs
- Handle travel arrangements, including flights, hotels, and ground transportation
- Prepare and process expense claims
- Organize and support visits from various delegates concerning the university’s business needs
- Assist preparation for all virtual speaking and social events, correspond with external/internal stakeholders, and work with the internal team on the coordination of PPTs and speeches
- Participate in ad-hoc event committees and assist with preparations as required
- Monitor and process e-mails, mails, and other correspondences
- Assist with presentations and other projects as needed
- Manage confidential information with discretion
- Maintain a well-organized filing and backup system
- Liaise with other departments and external stakeholders as required
- Preparing and curating documents for the executive’s review and signature, ensuring accuracy and adherence to established protocols and standards
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Ability to build harmonious working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Superior organizational skills
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor
- Proven self-starter and problem solver
- Deadline-driven and goal-oriented
- Performs duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision
- Understanding of protocols for interacting with a variety of stakeholders including politicians, government officials, international visitors and more.
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; protecting confidential information
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years as an Executive Assistant to a President, Vice-President or C-level Executive
- Experience in Post-secondary institution is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as business administration, communications, or similar
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe
To apply, please attach your resume and cover letter in one document.
We greatly appreciate your time and efforts in applying for the position at University of Niagara Falls, Canada, however, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.