Position Job Title: Faculty Recruitment Advisor
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Reports To: HR Director
The University of Niagara Falls is seeking a versatile and experienced Faculty Recruitment Advisor. This dynamic role encompasses the whole Human Resources domain within the Academic field, as it not only involves faculty recruitment but also fosters and maintains vital relationships with academic professionals.
In this position, you will be entrusted with crafting and executing a holistic recruitment strategy for faculty members across the university while nurturing relationships with our academic community. Your influence will be pivotal in shaping UNF’s future by attracting, retaining, and developing top-tier academic talent.
As the Faculty Recruitment Advisor, your multifaceted responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement a comprehensive faculty recruitment strategy, aligning it with UNF's evolving academic needs.
- Continuously strive to ensure cost-effective recruitment through direct sourcing.
- Produce and continuously update detailed job descriptions and specifications that cater to the specific faculty requirements.
- Post engaging job advertisements on UNF's official website, social media platforms, and relevant job boards.
- Proactively source and engage candidates for faculty, leadership, and specialized academic positions.
- Evaluate resumes, cover letters, and job applications to identify exceptional academic talents.
- Work closely with the Academic department to conduct in-depth interviews and assessments to gauge candidates' academic qualifications, skills, and potential contributions.
- Oversee comprehensive recruitment documentation to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- Generate and distribute employment contracts for newly hired personnel in accordance with the Employment Standards Act (ESA) guidelines and stipulations.
- Verify accurate completion of payroll forms and timely submission to the payroll department.
- Collaborate with candidates to facilitate document verification procedures, including personal identification and education credentials in alignment with university policies.
- Perform reference checks for successful candidates.
- Serve as a central liaison between candidates and the university throughout the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to perform job evaluation exercises for new academic roles.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends and continuously introduce innovative recruitment and retention strategies.
- Manage recruitment data and statistics, delivering routine updates to the management team regarding recruitment progress and activities.
- Research and execute Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives to enhance faculty staff recruitment and retention.
- Design, implement, and sustain programs for faculty retention and engagement to ensure a thriving academic community.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and central resource for addressing faculty relations issues or concerns.
- Collaborate with the Academic department to coordinate academic faculty leaves.
- Manage HR-related responsibilities encompassing faculty onboarding, offboarding, compensation, performance reviews, professional development, and conflict resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 6 years of full-cycle recruitment experience, preferably within higher education.
- A post-secondary or bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field, with a preference for CPHR certification.
- Proven self-starter qualities, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, effective decision-making abilities, and strong communication capabilities.
- Proficiency in the Employment Standards Act of Ontario.
- Experience working with HR databases, applicant tracking systems, and candidate management systems.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- The adaptability to work with new technologies and embrace innovation as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor preferred in related field or equivalent.
- Proficiency with MS Suite of Applications, networking, and cyber security best practices
To apply, please attach your resume and cover letter in one document.
We greatly appreciate your time and efforts in applying for the position at University of Niagara Falls, Canada, however, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.