The Master of Data Analytics (MDA) program at the University of Niagara Falls Canada, is designed to prepare graduates for high-demand careers in data analysis.
This 48-credit program can be completed in five 12-week terms, with an on-campus delivery option. The curriculum focuses on real-world applications, offering core training in the data science lifecycle and the choice of three learning tracks: Marketing Analytics, Operations Analytics and General Analytics.
Graduates will be equipped to help organizations make data-driven decisions, driving innovation and increasing organizational value.
- High-demand field: Addresses the growing need for skilled data analysts in Canada, especially in Ontario.
- Comprehensive curriculum: Provides core training in the Data Science Lifecycle and real-world applications.
- Three learning tracks: Students can choose from Marketing Analytics, Operations Analytics or General Analytics specializations.
- Practical experience: Includes internships and capstone projects to reinforce learning and develop problem-solving skills.
- Diverse career opportunities: Graduates can pursue roles such as big data specialist, policy analyst or data visualization specialist.
- DA500 Principles of Analytics (3 credits)
- CS500 SQL Database (3 credits)
- BI500 Marketing Analytics (3 credits)
- DA501 Data Analytics Case Study 1 (1 credit)
- DA510 Predictive Analytics (3 credits)
- CS510 Data Warehousing and Visualization (3 credits)
- BI510 Operations Analytics (3 credits)
- DA511 Data Analytics Case Study 2 (1 credit)
- DA600 Prescriptive Analytics (3 credits)
- CS600 Advanced Data Visualization (3 credits)
- CS610 Python for Data Analysis (3 credits)
- DA611 Data Analytics Case Study 3 (1 credit)
- CS620 Agile Software Development (3 credits)
- Speciality Elective (choose one):
- BI621 Advanced Marketing Analytics Internship (6 credits)
- BI622 Advanced Operations Analytics Internship (6 credits)
- BI623 Advanced Analytics Internship (6 credits)
- DA699 Capstone Project (9 credits)
Total Credits: 48
Graduates of the MDA program can pursue various career paths in the field of data analytics, such as:
- Data Analysts
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Data Science Specialists
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Marketing Analysts
- Operations Analysts
These roles can be found in a diverse range of industries, including manufacturing, logistics, finance, healthcare and e-commerce.
Labour Market Overview
With over 30,000 active data science-related job listings in North America alone on Indeed, the world’s largest employment website, the demand for data analysts is clear.
Employers seek professionals with specific tool competencies and skills in SQL, Excel, Python and Tableau. Opportunities are also available in consulting services, where analysts with strong communication skills and a high level of competency in the data science lifecycle are highly sought after. The MDA program prepares graduates to meet this demand and excel in their careers.
This institution (University of Niagara Falls Canada) has been granted a consent by the Minister of Colleges and Universities to offer this program for a five-year term starting October 14, 2022. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (e.g., acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies or other educational institutions.