Graduate Admission Requirements
Take your career to the next level by completing a master's program at the University of Niagara Falls Canada.
With three graduate programs to choose from, you will be able to develop market skills and shape your career, setting yourself up for success in the digital economy. For more details on our programs please visit:
- Master of Arts in Digital Media and Global Communication
- Master of Data Analytics
- Master of Management
Applicants to graduate programs at the University of Niagara Falls Canada must meet the following minimum conditions for admission:
- Completion of recognized undergraduate degree equivalent to four-year honours bachelor's degree standard identified in the PEQAB Degree level Standard and the Ontario Qualifications Framework
- Degree should be in an appropriate specialization or have relevant bridging studies
- Minimum CGPA of 3.0 (on 4.33 scale)
- Must meet English language proficiency requirements
- Master of Data Analytics Students (only)
Students entering the Master of Data Analytics program must have completed at least two undergraduate courses in statistics or quantitative methods (or equivalent).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum admission standards may be considered for Special Admission into a graduate program by the Registrar if they demonstrate a significant depth and breadth of relevant work experience and hold an undergraduate degree. Applications under this category may be subject to the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition policy and procedures.
Applicants who have been awarded a master's degree or higher-level credential from a recognized Canadian university (or equivalent) with a CGPA of 3.00 (on 4.33 scale) or better may be admitted to a graduate program. The principal areas of study or academic emphasis of the second degree must be distinct from that of the first degree.
All applicants to graduate programs must submit:
- A completed application form
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Official documentation confirming professional designations, where applicable
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable
- Certified translations of any required documents not in English
Applicants who completed undergraduate studies outside Canada must also submit:
- Documentation confirming awarding of their previous degree(s), if not already indicated on official transcripts
- A credential evaluation from a recognized service, if required by the Registrar
The University of Niagara Falls Canada reserves the right to request additional documentation to support the assessment of an application for admission.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who have received their education in a language other than English, must provide evidence of English language proficiency at a university level by completing an English proficiency score or qualifying for one of our exemptions. A complete set of details is provided on our English Language Proficiency Requirements.
|Submission of Application
|21 days prior to start of term
|56 days prior to term start
|Notification to UNF of Study Permit Approval
|28 days prior to term start
|Last Day of Registration
|14 days prior to term start
|21 days prior to term start
Payment for Deposits: 6 weeks prior to start of term OR the date specified in your offer letter.
If an applicant fails to meet any of the deadlines above, they must defer their application to the successive intake.
The above deadlines are only applicable for UNF. International applicants would need to refer to IRCC regarding any deadlines and/or processing times related to their student visa application.
For additional information on the admissions process, visit UNF's General Admissions Policy and Procedures .